Welcome to Crafting Made Simple!

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

How to: DIY Decoupage

Now if you follow my blog, you know how much I love Mod Modge. And if you have ever purchased Mod Podge, you know it can be expensive. So you can imagine how excited I was when I found a DIY recipe for decoupage, and it only has two ingredients!  
You need:
1 bottle of glue
equal parts water
1 jar +lid

Empty the entire bottle of glue into your jar, I used an empty salsa jar, but a mason jar or a spaghetti jar will do just fine. Fill your glue bottle with water, and empty into your jar. The first time I made this I emptied the entire bottle of water and I found my decoupage to be runny. I found it best to add about 3/4 of the water, put the lid on (tight) and shake. Add the rest of the water accordingly.
The last time I bought a bottle of Mod Podge it was about six dollars and it was a small bottle. When I made my decoupage, I bought a bottle of glue for twenty cents!

No comments:

Post a Comment