Welcome to Crafting Made Simple!

Thursday, November 3, 2011

How to create a simple and elegant Christmas card

I have been quite busy lately working on my (gasp!) Christmas cards. I cannot hardly believe it is that time of year already. I have been trying to make each one different, and so far I have been successful!
Here is one of the first ones I have made. It’s pretty simple, but elegant; most impotaint-fast!
Here is what you need:
1 card/envelope-blank
1 ornament cutout
1 small star cutout
Glue
Sissors
Christmas sheet music border stamp
Black ink
Ivory pearlescent paper



I use pre-made blank cards from the craft store for a few reasons, 1. I’m not sure how to make an envelope 2. if I did know, I’m not sure the post office would mail a self-made envelope, and 3. it saves so much time!

Cover the front of your card with the ivory pearlescent paper, I think the slight shimmer gives the card depth and the ornament stand out. Once the paper is glued on and dried, stamp your border with the music stamp. It is important to do this before placing the ornament on so you know where to place the ornament. Next center your ornament and place the star next to it; glue them both on.
It’s as simple as that! A easy and fast homemade Christmas card that takes little time, but comes out beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment