Welcome to Crafting Made Simple!

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Cricut Expression 2! Christmas came early friends!

I'm sure I say this in all of my blog posts, but I have a Cricut. For the past few years I have been using the 6" Cricut--which I do not knock--I loved that Cricut and have made many many lovely things on it. However, my projects are getting better and so should my Cricut so for Christmas my parents got me the new Cricut Expression 2! So I though I would share some the awesome features.


 

*One thing I really like is that it comes with two (or if you go all out and get the 5th year anniversary edition, four) cartridges preloaded. Pretty good ones at that! One is called "Cricut Alphabet" and the other "Cricut Essentials". You also get the flip books, which I think is nice. I always like to have the physical books infront of me. When you turn the Cricut on, they are always in the menu.
* The Expression 2 has the Cricut Design Studio build into it. This means you can flip and manipulate images!
*LCD touchscreen, no more keyboard. This feature also eliminates the need for the size, depth, and speed dials on the sides.
*As you can see from the picture, there is a light on the cutter! This is much more helpful than it looks! When your mats lose a little bit of sticky, it's nice to see what is cutting and if something gets snagged.
*One way they have updated the size, depth, and speed dials is preset options. You can set your settings name it and save it. Say you are cutting a cotton fabric. You can set your speed, depth, and pressure and name it "cotton fabric" and the Expression 2 will remember and let you pick that again.
*There is also a wi-fi option, I haven't used this yet, but I believe this works with the "Craft room" part of Cricut.com
*The Expression 2 also works with the original Cricut cartridges, and the immagine cartridges-however it will not print, just cut.

Those are just a few of my favorite features so far. When I learn more I will keep you all updated on my project endeavors.
Here is a video I found to be helpful from Provo Craft, the people who make the Cricut.

No comments:

Post a Comment