Welcome to Crafting Made Simple!

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

DIY dog treats!

For those of you who know me know, I love my dog! You may also know that he has been sick for most of the last year and it has been hard on all of us. So any way I can give my pup a little extra love, I'm all for it. I found a dog treat recipe that was pretty basic, but also pretty vague. So I tried it and figured out some details that were left out and thought I would share it with my wonderful readers! 

My handsome little man, Conan



You will need:

1 cup flour
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup shredded cheese

Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients until soft dough forms, if needed add more flour or milk little at a time.  Roll dough out and cut shapes out with a cookie cutter or roll into 1 inch balls and flatten. Place onto a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 15-17 minutes.
My dough was a bit sticky so I used cooking spray and they came up just fine.
Finished treats!
 
Conan waiting for his treats to cool

These were so simple to make, and with kitchen staples. Conan sat by the stove waiting for them to come out of the oven, he loves them! I know this isn't 'crafts' but it is a super easy and who doesn't love making something for their pup?
Happy baking!

Here is another simple treat recipe

 Peanut butter and oats dog treats
1/3 cup peanut butter, chunky or smooth 
1 cup rolled oats
2 cups flour
1 1/4 cups hot water


 Preheat oven to 350. Mix rolled oats and flout together in a large mixing bowl. Add peanut butter then water to the dry mix. If your dough is too sticky you can add flour a little at a time. Mix until a soft dough forms. Roll dough and cut with cookie cutters or into 1 inch balls and flatten. Bake for 40 minutes and let cool until hard. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment